Opportunities for giving to the University of the Sunshine Coast Gallery range from volunteering in the gallery, donating or bequesting art work or financial support to help us grow and preserve our collection.
Gifts or donations allow us to continue to provide a free exhibition program and continue our mission to enrich the teaching, learning, research and engagement priorities of the University and to cultivate a visual arts resource of excellence with broad cultural importance.
Art donation proposals to the University of the Sunshine Coast may be made. The procedure is as follows:
1. A written letter of offer to the Gallery Curator or other senior member of staff. The donor should at this time state if the gift is to be made through the Commonwealth Government’s Cultural Gifts Program (CGP) to receive tax incentives.
2. The donation will be reviewed in the first instance by the Vice-Chancellor’s Art Advisory Committee (VCAAC). The panel is convened :
- to ensure uniform procedure for the review and acceptance of gifts
- to maintain high artist standards
- to ensure the work fits within the University’s collection priorities (refer to Artworks Acquisition and Deaccessioning - Managerial Policy).
3. The VCAAC will then make a recommendation to the Vice-Chancellor to accept or reject the proposed donation.
4. The Vice-Chancellor will make the final decision. The official date of donation is determined by the date of his/her acceptance.
5. Works of art will be acquired without restrictions as to future display, use and disposal, except with respect to Commonwealth Copyright Law, and legislation for the sale or resale of works of art.
Remember to select the USC Gallery when making a general donation to the University. DONATE NOW.
FRANK About Art
Frank About Art is our student based campus group for art and culture loving students and is supported by the USC Gallery and Student Wellbeing.
This is your opportunity to get involved in creative events and projects like exhibition opening nights, Twilight Art Markets, slam poetry readings, life drawing classes and piano recitals.
Please contact email@example.com for more information. Look for @USCARTGALLERY on Instagram
University of the Sunshine Coast Gallery operates with the assistance of a dedicated team of over 40 trained volunteers.
Volunteer work can be a great opportunity to gain an understanding of how the Gallery operates and is a fun way to meet others with an interest in art.
If you are studying Creative Industries, Design or Photography or are someone with a keen interest in the arts, we welcome you to support gallery activities and come and see us about volunteering.
Working in the gallery can also provide experience in curatorial practice and is a chance to keep up-to-date with current exhibitions and events.
- invitations to exhibition openings and events
- volunteer talks and morning teas
- meeting visiting artists
- inclusion on the Gallery's mailing list