Established in 1996, USC is one of Australia’s fastest growing universities serving the Sunshine Coast and extended region from north Brisbane to the Fraser Coast.
At USC, we care deeply about our students and about growing our University's capacity. With that in mind, the University has developed a range of opportunities for our supporters and donors to help our students, our campus and in turn, the whole region.
- The USC Starfish Program - a USC staff, Alumni and community giving program, focused on growing funds to deliver our USC Study Support Bursary to as many students as possible. The Study Support Bursary distributes funds in instalments to recipient students, allowing them to study more and work less to support their studies.
- Scholarships - providing incentives to attract and retain the brightest minds to the Sunshine Coast.
- Campus enhancement - supports beautification projects such as artwork and landscaping, as well as new buildings and facilities, to continue developing a stimulating, creative learning environment.
- Research Capacity - support to this funding priority can help ease financial barriers to cutting-edge research, allowing students and academics to make discoveries that put USC on the map and enhance our region and world.
- Art Gallery - supports the Gallery's popular annual exhibition program focusing on contemporary Australian art and design, as well as plans for expansion of the Gallery.
- University initiatives (unrestricted)—provides our Vice-Chancellor with a flexible and growing fund to support key opportunities from year to year, such as special student needs, academic support, and innovative partnerships.
To assist the University of the Sunshine Coast with its growth, the University Development Office has a number of giving initiatives, as outlined below. Alternatively, contact the Foundation at any time to discuss ways in which you can support our organisation and students. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- Planned giving and bequests
- The Starfish Program (staff, alumni and community giving program)
Many people choose to provide support to USC through a planned gift or bequest.
If you wish to receive more information about the University's Bequest and Planned Giving Program, please contact the Development Office, or complete the Bequesting a gift to the USC form (PDF 72 KB). *
Gifts-in-kind, such as a gift of artwork, books or land is another way you can help the University.
Contact the University Development Office to discuss these opportunities.
As well as philanthropic support, the University also invites sponsorship of priority projects. For example, this could include sponsorship of a student award.
Become involved in our growth by donating or volunteering to assist with activities.
If you need more information, contact the University Development Office. We look forward to hearing from you.
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.