Since its first student enrolments in 1996 serving one of the nation’s fastest growing regions, the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) has regarded community involvement as a key foundation for excellent teaching, learning, research and innovation. This applies now, more than ever in our history, as USC’s campus footprint expands from Brisbane to the Fraser Coast, and we seek to increase reciprocal relationships that contribute to the aspirations of our local regions.
USC aims to be an institution of international standing, a driver of regional capacity building, and an unsurpassed community asset. Our commitment to productive community partnerships includes the Innovation Centre, USC Clinics, our sporting facilities, Library and Art Gallery.
We interact, connect and collaborate with our many stakeholders, through three focus areas:
- Service and access — providing activities and resources that offer wider community involvement with our campuses.
- Industry and partners — growing our collaborative initiatives that strengthen local capital through economic, social and cultural impacts.
- Research and innovation — encouraging participation in mutual and inspiring exchange and projects that address issues of both local and global importance.
Your say on engagement
The University is currently developing its 2017-2020 Community Engagement Strategy with your contributions to co-create a mutual vision for how USC can make a positive difference in our local regions, and beyond.
While we are consulting with community, business and government, and establishing an online platform for feedback and collaboration, you are invited to email your ideas for university-community engagement to email@example.com.
- Are you interested in partnering with USC on a teaching or research project?
- Would you like to talk about an idea for a service, an activity, or a potential innovation?
- Is there a community or business need that we could work on addressing together?
- Do you have volunteer, internship, or other service learning opportunities for students?
The possibilities are limitless, and you are welcome to call us on +61 7 5459 4430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our engagement priorities locally, nationally and internationally include:
USC is a member of Engagement Australia, the peak body for promoting university-community engagement in Australia.
USC was also the first university in Queensland to become a member of the Talloires Network, an international association of institutions committed to strengthening the civic roles and social responsibilities of higher education.