Topics covered in this course include;
- Get the facts on girl’s and women’s sport to bust some of the common myths
- Review real-life case studies of success in growing sport for girls and women (that don’t take away from boys and men)
- Learn strategies to collaborate and engage with key stakeholders and the broader sporting community
- Develop an action plan to apply to your club, association, school or organisation
- Grow your leadership skills and enjoy relevant professional development
- Network and build valueable connections with like-minded people
Speakers: Liz Hanson – Client Director, Athlete Assessments and Kim Howard – Team Manager, Sunshine Coast Lightning
Liz Hanson is the Client Director at Athlete Assessments, an international consulting company specialising in the 'people side of sport'. While Athlete Assessments is best known for athlete and coach profiling and team dynamics consulting, it is a leader in coach education and sport management professional development. Clients include some of the top US college athletics programs, professional and Olympic teams and Australian national sporting bodies. Liz is a faculty member of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy in the US, teaching three programs per year. In addition, she teaches at the Japanese Women Coaches Academy. A long-time advocate of girls and women’s sport, her passion for leadership development of women started over twenty years ago. Prior to Athlete Assessments, Liz ran a national women’s leadership company, which remains the largest of its kind in Australia.
Kim Howard is the Team Manager for the premiership Sunshine Coast Lightning netball team. Her competitive career encompassed international level basketball, provincial netball and softball. She has an exemplary record in coaching across all age groups and in sports administration, and is a true leader in women's sport. Kim is also Director of the largest private netball academy on the Sunshine Coast and continues to make a significant contribution to girls and women's sport. Originally from NZ, Kim has called the Sunshine Coast home for the past 9 years.
To register your interest please contact us via email or phone +61 7 5430 1127.