USC is offering short courses in a range of different languages and skill levels to suit your ability and aspirations. Our reputation for delivering a quality teaching experience through highly proficient teaching staff in a relaxed learning environment will give you every opportunity to succeed.
Choose from 7 different languages
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Choose from 3 levels
- Beginner - (31 July and 9 October)
- Elementary (1 August and 10 October)
- Guided Conversation - (11 October)
Who should enrol?
- Community members of any age who want to learn another language for fun, travel or to exercise the brain
- School kids of any age who want a bit of extra help
- Teachers thinking of becoming a language teacher
- People working, or thinking of working, in the tourist industry
- Family members or individuals with a heritage from a specific country who want to connect through language
Why choose USC?
- Interact and speak with native speakers on a regular basis during classes to practice your new skills
- Access to modern, state of the art classrooms.
- Learn from practising, accredited school teachers with up-to-date communicative language teaching pedagogy and teaching resources
- Develop close relationships with fellow students of all languages through sharing stories and exchanging language learning tips
The courses are coordinated by Dr Peter Grainger, School of Education, an applied linguist with a PhD in Language Learning Strategies, and an experienced teacher for 25 years in Queensland schools. The courses are delivered by practising accredited school teachers.
Class times and locations
Classes are held 6–8pm at USC Sippy Downs
Beginner - Monday (commencing 31 July)
Elementary - Tuesday (commencing 1 August)
Guided Conversation - Wednesday (commencing 11 October)
Courses are completed over 16 hours in 8 weeks.
A$360 registration fee
How to register
Registrations are open online via USC online payments