Fraser Coast Health Professionals: Local Education and Research Nexus (FCHP: LEARN)
USC Fraser Coast is hosting fortnightly workshops from the Fraser Coast Health Professionals: Local Education and Research Nexus (FCHP: LEARN). This interdisciplinary education program has been developed by local health professionals for local health practitioners. The program is multidimensional, and the topics are diverse to meet the unique and changing needs of the health care community in the Wide Bay region.
Workshops focus on 3 main areas
- Workplace management and leadership
- Professional practice
- Research skills
Who should enrol?
Health practitioners and students from all sectors who are seeking continuing education in a variety of fields.
The sessions are developed by USC academic staff in partnership with local health professionals. The nature of each session may vary depending on the teaching style of the facilitator and content of the session.
Session times and location
Sessions are held on Tuesday evenings between 5.15pm and 7.15pm at USC Fraser Coast. The following sessions are planned for this year:
- 21 February - The World of Superbugs - are we running out of time to address antimicrobial resistance? Identifying actions at the local level.
- 21 March - Tools for Thriving in the Workplace - Strategies for dealing with difficult situations and difficult people: confident and effective communication, professionalism, self-efficacy.
- 18 April - Regional Research Symposium - A set of brief presentations from local researchers in the health care sector (University, public and private healthcare).
- 16 May - Death and Dying - A presentation and discussion around strategies for health workers on effective, knowledgeable and compassionate care around death and dying.
- 20 June - Tools for Leading Teams - Professional practice: Tools for successful team leadership.
- 18 July - Research for Dummies - Foundational concepts in health research, for clinicians, researchers, students and health workers.
- 15 August - Ethics in Healthcare - Human rights, privacy, confidentiality, advocacy.
- 19 September - Reducing Stress - Practical strategies for handling your busy life.
- 17 October - Ideas to Action - Steps for creating projects and funding applications from concept to completion.
- 21 November - Becoming a Plugged in Global Health Professional - Accountability, responsibility and systems to support self-promotion and networking: ResearchGate, LinkedIn, Facebook, social media, marketing.
- 12 December - Innovations in Healthcare + Introduction to the 2018 program - New trends, tools and techniques.
Fees and registration
Each session is A$35. Students of health programs may attend for a discounted rate of $10 per session. Please book and pay online through USC online payments.
For more information, or to be added to the mailing list to receive regular updates on upcoming sessions, contact Julie Martyn via email firstname.lastname@example.org.