USC is offering short courses in a range of different languages and skill levels to suit your ability and aspirations. Our reputation for delivering a quality teaching experience through highly proficient teaching staff in a relaxed learning environment will give you every opportunity to succeed.
Choose from 7 different languages
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Choose from 2 levels
- Elementary (commencing 4 October 2016)
- Beginner - (2017)
Who should enrol?
- Community members of any age who want to learn another language for fun, travel or to exercise the brain
- School kids of any age who want a bit of extra help
- Teachers thinking of becoming a language teacher
- People working, or thinking of working, in the tourist industry
- Family members or individuals with a heritage from a specific country who want to connect through language
Why choose USC?
- Interact and speak with native speakers on a regular basis during classes to practice your new skills
- Access to a modern, state of the art classrooms complemented by full kitchen facilities
- Learn from practising, accredited school teachers with up-to-date communicative language teaching pedagogy and teaching resources
- Develop close relationships with fellow students of all languages through social activities on a weekly basis prior to lessons and during breaks, participating in a community of language learners, sharing stories and exchanging language learning tips
The courses are coordinated by Dr Peter Grainger, School of Education, an applied linguist with a PhD in Language Learning Strategies from the University of Queensland and was an experienced teacher for 25 years in Queensland schools. The courses are delivered by practising accredited school teachers.
Class times and location
Classes are held 6.15–8.15pm, Tuesdays at USC Sippy Downs.
All classes being held at Sippy Downs are in Building E
Courses are completed over 16 hours in 8 weeks.
- A$340 early bird registration (register before 16 September 2016)
- A$400 full price registration
How to register
Registrations are now open online via USC online payments