USC is offering short courses in a range of different languages and skill levels to suit your ability and aspirations. Our reputation for delivering a quality teaching experience through highly proficient teaching staff in a relaxed learning environment will give you every opportunity to succeed.
Choose from 8 different languages
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Choose from 3 levels
- Beginner - (17 July and 10 October)
- Elementary (18 July and 11 October)
- Guided Conversation - (19 July and 12 October)
Who should enrol?
- Community members of any age who want to learn another language for fun, travel or to exercise the brain
- School kids of any age who want a bit of extra help
- Teachers thinking of becoming a language teacher
- People working, or thinking of working, in the tourist industry
- Family members or individuals with a heritage from a specific country who want to connect through language
Why choose USC?
- Interact and speak with native speakers on a regular basis during classes to practice your new skills
- Access to modern, state of the art classrooms.
- Learn from practising, accredited school teachers with up-to-date communicative language teaching pedagogy and teaching resources
- Develop close relationships with fellow students of all languages through sharing stories and exchanging language learning tips
The courses are coordinated by Dr Peter Grainger, School of Education, an applied linguist with a PhD in Language Learning Strategies from the University of Queensland and was an experienced teacher for 25 years in Queensland schools. The courses are delivered by practising accredited school teachers.
Class times and locations 2017
Classes are held 6–8pm, Mondays and Tuesdays at USC Sippy Downs.
Beginners - Monday (except Maori which will be on a Tuesday)
Elementary - Tuesday (commencing 18 July)
Guided Conversations - Wednesday (commencing 19 July)
Courses are completed over 16 hours in 8 weeks.
- A$340 early bird registration (register before 20 January, 2017)
- A$400 full price registration
How to register
Registrations are now open online via USC online payments