Enhance your research experience at USC
The Research Essentials Program offers sessions targeted at researchers of all levels of experience, including higher degree by research (HDR) candidates, early career researchers, mid-career researchers and experienced researchers.
Drawing primarily on academic expertise within the University, the Program is complemented by external facilitators and resources including the Australian Technology Network (ATN), ThinkWell, and a variety of individual visiting academics and consultants.
- leadership and communication
- literature reviews
- developing your research career
- practice-led research in creative arts, media and design
- publishing and authorship
- research commercialisation
- project management for researchers
- research ethics
- research methods
- research presentation skills
- statistical packages including SPSS and NVivo
- supervising HDR candidates (professional development for HDR supervisors)
Review the Research Essentials Program calendar and complete the online registration form to register to attend.
Discover the support and services available along with the structure and requirements of your HDR program.
To support learning outcomes and AQF requirements, HDR candidate's must complete these research training modules.
Optional workshops for HDR candidates at any stage of their degree who wish to develop their research skills.