Would you like to know the secret to high output, low stress scholarly writing? In academia it is often assumed that writing comes naturally. However, an overwhelming body of research shows that there are very clear and practical strategies that can greatly increase your writing productivity.
This workshop will help you to understand:
- why it's hard to get started
- how we deliberately use distractions to slow down writing
- the principles of quick starting
- how to deal with destructive internal beliefs
- how to set a writing plan and stick to it
- how to set achievable goals by writing in a silo
- how to greatly increase the number of actual words you produce
- how to clarify your thinking, and improve the quality of your work
Who is it for?
Higher Degrees by Research students at any point in their candidature and academic/research staff wishing to increase their writing output.
The companion book to this workshop is Turbocharge Your Writing.
Maria Gardiner and Hugh Kearns have worked as an award winning team for the past ten years. They are well known as leading practitioners and researchers in cognitive behavioural coaching. As well as publishing five books that have sold many thousands of copies, they are regular contributors to Australian media, including a popular segment on ABC radio.
Their particular expertise is in working with high performers and they have a long history of providing specialist services to the medical and academic professions.
Maria and Hugh have worked with more than half of Australia's universities. Thousands of PhD students and academics have attended their workshops or bought their books. They have also published in the United Kingdom, and conduct workshops in the United States, UK and Ireland.
Register to attend
Complete the online registration form to register for this event.