The tournament is open to independent and Education Queensland Schools located in the Sunshine Coast and northern Moreton region.
The competition aims to promote debating as an activity for all students and provide a supportive, fun yet competitive environment.
The annual tournament features:
- 4 preliminary rounds
- 2 rounds for play-offs, if required
- Grand Final
Debates take place using short prep style of debating with a minimum of 3 speakers on each team. Participation in the competition allows students to develop their speaking skills, confidence and understanding of the methodologies of debating, whilst engaging with relevant topics.
The competition involves students from Years 6 to 12, separated into the following divisions:
- Junior Division Years 6-7
- Intermediate Division Years 8-9
- Senior Division Years 10-12
Team registrations for the Sunshine Coast Schools Debating Competition open 8 May–14 June.
Come along and learn key debating skills, with other debaters, and further develop your passion for the podium.
Dates for 2017
- Round 1: Wednesday 2 August
- Round 2: Wednesday 9 August
- Round 3: Wednesday 16 August
- Round 4: Wednesday 23 August
- Play-off 1: Wednesday 30 August
- Play-off 2: Wednesday 6 September
- Semi-finals: Wednesday 11 October
- Grand final: Wednesday 18 October
Tara Towns — Tel: +61 7 5471 5656 or 0409 627 372 | Email: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook: Sunshine Coast Schools Debating Competition