At USC we offer you a career with many opportunities, whilst being part of a growing, forward-thinking organisation. We not only provide attractive benefits, we also support our staff throughout their life with USC by considering their unique needs and aspirations. Most importantly, we want our staff to be happy and healthy with a fulfilling career.
Make a Difference
Working at USC gives you the opportunity to contribute to your community and beyond.
From the quality education of our students, to national and international research conducted by our staff and students and partnerships with our local communities…..whatever role you’re in, academic or professional, you will contribute to making real improvements to our world.
- Comprehensive range of professional development activities available throughout the year
- Specialised leadership and management programs
- Opportunities for staff to undertake a project and immerse themselves in another Australian or overseas organisation through our Professional Development Program
- Study Assistance
- Academic promotion
- Generous remuneration, including up to 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary packaging options
- Paid parental leave scheme
- Recognition of prior service for carry over of long service leave entitlements from other approved organisations
- Discounted rates for private health cover
- Discounts at select local businesses
Health and Wellbeing
- Flexible working arrangements
- Option to purchase additional recreation leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A varying program of health and wellbeing initiatives, including activities like bocce, volleyball and netball competitions, step challenges, swimming carnival as well as tai chi and mindfulness sessions.
- Fitness Passport giving staff and their families access to multiple gyms and swimming pools in the local area at a low cost
- Free flu vaccinations
- USC Singers chorale group open to staff, students and the community
USC is committed to creating a work and study environment that values diversity, facilitates equitable access and full participation and encourages all members of the University community to take personal responsibility to eliminate discriminatory practices. This is realised through a number of initiatives and staff resources:
- Signatory to the Australian Human Rights Commission campaign “Racism. It stops with me.”
- Annual USC Diversity Week event
- Participant in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot, a national program addressing gender equality for women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine.
- Indigenous employment and career development strategy
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- USC Ally Network for LGBTIQ staff and students
- Disability Action Plan