ESOS legislative framework awareness training online has been developed for USC in collaboration with ELMO learning.
This training module covers information about the ESOS legislative framework, CRICOS and the National Code of Practice, including an introduction to each of the 15 Standards in Part D of the National Code.
The training module should take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. At the completion of the module there is a 10-question quiz that must be completed and will assess knowledge and understanding of the module content.
To pass the assessment a result of 80% or higher is required. Upon successful completion of the assessment a certificate can be printed as a record of completion.
Why do staff members need to complete this training?
As a registered provider of education to overseas students USC must comply with the ESOS Act.
In order to comply with Standard 6.7 of the National Code of Practice, all University of the Sunshine Coast staff who interact directly with international students must be aware of the University’s obligations under the ESOS legislative framework and the potential implications for students arising from the exercise of these obligations.
ESOS Legislative Framework Awareness online training provides staff with the knowledge and information needed to comply with the Act.
Staff members are required to complete the training at a minimum once every 24 months, and will receive an automated email prompt to remind them when they are next due to complete the module. They are also encouraged to re-visit this online training module periodically to refresh their knowledge, and to use the program as a resource when necessary.
Expected learning outcomes for staff include:
- understanding and purpose of the ESOS legislative framework
- understanding and purpose of CRICOS
- understanding and purpose of PRISMS
- understanding and purpose of the 15 Standards in Part D of the National Code of Practice
- understanding of ESOS enforcement, sanctions and powers
- knowledge of where and how to access information about the ESOS Act and legislative framework
Who needs to complete ESOS Legislative Framework Awareness training?
All University of the Sunshine Coast staff who interact directly with international students must complete this training module regularly and maintain a currency of knowledge and understanding of the ESOS legislative framework.
Following the initial launch of the online training at which time all staff must complete the module, all newly commencing staff must complete the initial training during their staff induction/orientation process. All staff must then complete the online training once every 24 months.
Login to do the training now
- Step 1: Click on the link below or copy the URL and paste it into your browser, then enter the username and password as detailed below to login
- URL: http://www.elearn.com.au/usc
- Username: usc
- Password: safety
- Step 2: Choose "ESOS Legislative Framework Awareness"
- Step 3: Now you can begin.
- Step 4: When you have completed the module you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion. As the record of completion is an automated process, you will need to enter some personal details including your name, employee number, staff email address, work unit, etc. The certificate is then activated by hitting the submit button.
How can staff provide training feedback?
Staff members are invited to provide their feedback on ESOS Legislative Framework Awareness training online on completion of the module. This training module is reviewed regularly and staff comments are important to the review process. To report any access problems contact email@example.com or telephone +61 7 5430 1144 during office hours.
All information collected is for internal identification purposes only and will assist in demonstrating the University's compliance with the ESOS Act, in particular Standard 6.7 of the National Code of Practice.