The University of the Sunshine Coast is committed to the principles of equity and freedom from discrimination in employment and education.
EO Online supports this commitment to equity through a comprehensive self-paced, online training program about equal opportunity and legal responsibilities. The interactive program is available for all staff of the University.
Staff operate under a Code of Conduct, and the University also has specific policies and procedures to promote equity and eliminate discriminatory and harassing practices and to provide a means of redress where discrimination or harassment has occurred:
- Equity and Diversity - Governing Policy
- Anti-Discrimination and Freedom from Harassment - Governing Policy
- Staff Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Procedures
- Student Complaints and Appeals - Governing Policy
- Student Complaints and Appeals - Procedures
- Inclusive and Non-Discriminatory Language - Managerial Policy
Trained Equity support officers are available on campus to provide assistance and support:
The University of the Sunshine Coast is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
USC’s public report on Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012
The University is required to provide a public report annually under the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
Download USC's Workplace Gender Equality Agency Public Report 2015-16 (PDF 165KB) or contact Human Resources for an accessible version.