The University's cafes and eateries sell a range of meals, snacks and refreshments:
- The Brasserie is located on the ground floor of the Science Building (I Building). It offers pre-made sandwiches, rolls, hot meals and snacks, coffee, drinks and juices.
- Café J is located between the Information Communications Technology Building (J Building) and the Library. Café J serves pre-made sandwiches, rolls, light meals and snacks, juices and coffee.
- Café C is located on the ground floor of the Chancellery Building (C Building). It serves a variety of light meals, fresh salads, sandwiches and coffee, drinks and juices.
- The Sports Café is located on the ground floor of the Health and Sport Centre (T Building). Light snacks, coffee and drinks are available for purchase.
- The new Coffee Cart currently located at E-block main entry is now open for hot drinks and light accompanying snacks such as biscuits and health bars. This is a cash-only outlet.
USC also offers a range of events services, with venues and facilities throughout the campus available for hire. The University has sole rights to catering on campus.
Following approval of the Retail Master Plan and Student Hub Project, changes are expected to the catering outlets on campus in 2015. More news to come soon.
|Weekends and public holidays|
7.30am - 6pm
|Brasserie Coffee Shop||7.30am–4.30pm||7.30am–2.30pm||Closed||Closed|
7.30am - 4pm
|Coffee Cart E block||8am-2pm||8am - 2pm||8am - 11am||Closed|
|Sports Café||6.30am–7.30pm||6.30am–6.30pm||As normal||8am–12noon Saturday, closed Sunday|
Semester break hours are adjusted for each break depending on maintenance and University requirements. Please check back closer to each break period for upcoming opening hours.
Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) discounts
Federal government legislation determines that funds derived from SSAF can be spent on providing food or drink to students on a campus of the higher education provider. USC is therefore continuing with the Student Food Subsidy at the Brasserie in 2014.
Student prices are:
- plated/boxed meals, wraps and gluten-free rolls: A$5
- rolls and salads: A$4
- sushi and all sandwiches: A$3
Some discounts are also available at Cafe J and the Sports Cafe. Please ask the staff for details.
Please note: A valid Student Identification card must be shown prior to payment being made.