The University's cafes and eateries sell a range of meals, snacks and refreshments:
- The Brasserie is located on the ground floor of the Science Building (Building I). It offers pre-made sandwiches, rolls, hot meals and snacks, coffee, drinks and juices.
- Café C is located on the ground floor of the Chancellery Building (Building C). It serves a variety of light meals, fresh salads, sandwiches and coffee, drinks and juices.
- The Sports Café is located on the ground floor of the Health and Sport Centre (Building T). Light snacks, coffee and drinks are available for purchase.
- The Good Bean Espresso Bar is located between the Information Communications Technology Building (Building J) and the Library. The Good Bean serve pre-made bagels, wraps and snacks, juices and coffee.
- The Coffee Cart currently located at Building E main entry is now open for hot drinks and light accompanying snacks such as biscuits and health bars. This is a cash-only outlet.
- The Co Café is located along side the Co-Op Bookshop and serves healthy food options from Kunara, coffee, cold drinks and convenience items.
USC also offers a range of events services, with venues and facilities throughout the campus available for hire. The University has sole rights to function catering on campus.
Following approval of the Retail Master Plan and Student Hub Project, changes are underway to the catering outlets on campus in 2015. More news to come soon.
|During semester |
|Semester Break||Weekends and public holidays|
7.30am–5pm (closed from 21 December to 11 January)
|Brasserie Coffee Shop||7.30am–4.30pm||7.30am–2.30pm||Closed||Closed|
|Coffee Cart E block||8am–2pm||8am–2pm||Closed||Closed|
|Sports Café||6.30am–7.30pm||6.30am–6.30pm||As normal||8am–12noon Saturday, closed Sunday|
|The Good Bean||7.30am-5.30pm||7.30am-5.30pm||7.30am-2.30pm||Closed|
|Co Café||7.30am-3pm (food and inside seating close at 2.30pm)||As normal||As normal (closes at 12pm on 23 December)||Closed|
Semester break hours are adjusted for each break depending on maintenance and University requirements. Please check back closer to each break period for upcoming opening hours.
Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) discounts
Federal government legislation determines that funds derived from SSAF can be spent on providing food or drink to students on a campus of the higher education provider. USC is therefore continuing with the Student Food Subsidy at the Brasserie in 2015.
Student prices are:
- plated/boxed meals, wraps and gluten-free rolls: A$5
- rolls and salads: A$4
- sushi and all sandwiches: A$3
Some discounts are also available at the Sports Cafe. Please ask the staff for details.
Please note: A valid Student Identification card must be shown prior to payment being made.