- The role of Academic Board
- Academic Board Handbook
- Minutes and agendas
- Election information
- Related items
The University's Academic Board was established under the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998 as the University's senior academic body.
Chaired by the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, the Board contributes to academic quality assurance through:
- advising Council on teaching, scholarship and research matters concerning the University;
- formulating proposals for academic policies of the University;
- monitoring the academic activities of the University's faculties; and
- promoting and encouraging scholarship and research at the University.
New members of the Academic Board and its standing committees will be sent an induction package and invited to attend an information session prior to their first meeting. Contact the committee secretary for more information.
New members of the Academic Board and standing committees are encouraged to read the Academic Board Handbook available on the Staff Portal. *
Copies of Academic Board minutes and agendas are available on the Staff Intranet (MyUSC)* in the relevant meeting folder.
Elections are held every two years to fill the following Academic Board category of membership:
- Three elected academic staff members from each Faculty.
* Staff access only. You must be logged in to view these links.
- Terms of Reference and membership
- Academic Board Standing Orders
- Schedule of meetings
- Academic Board contacts