Learning and Teaching Committee
The Learning and Teaching Committee recommends to the Academic Board on learning and teaching policy and the accreditation or approval of programs and courses other than for higher degrees by research.
The Committee advises the Academic Board and Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor on the University's strategic plans associated with learning and teaching.
Research Degrees Committee
The Research Degrees Committee is a committee of the Academic Board. Its role is to:
- admit candidates, monitor and review candidates' progress and make decisions related to candidature and examinations for higher degrees by research;
- recommend to the Academic Board the admission of candidates to the award of a higher degree by research;
- monitor, and provide advice to the Academic Board and the Research Committee on, the quality of higher degree by research programs;
- liaise with and provide advice to the Research Committee on any matter pertaining to higher degree by research programs; and
- provide advice to the Academic Board on rules for higher degrees by research.
The Research Committee provides advice to Academic Board on research policies and research matters.
The Committee develops and monitors the University's strategic plans associated with research and research training.