This Committee reports to the Academic Board.
Members (full rights)
- Chairperson as nominated by the Chairperson of the Academic Board
- Associate Deans (Learning and Teaching)
- An experienced teacher from each School, nominated by the Executive Dean of a Faculty
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (International and Quality) or nominee
- Director, Student Services and Engagement or nominee
- Director, Centre for Support and Advancement of Learning and Teaching
- One Undergraduate and one postgraduate student (not including Higher Degree by Research students) who is not a member of staff or the University with an appointment of 0.5 or more identified by an expression of interest and appointed by the Chairperson
- Up to three additional members co-opted by the Chairperson for a specified term
Invited to attend as appropriate (having participatory, but not voting, rights)
- Pro Vice-Chancellors and Directors as required
- Any visitors with the approval of the Chairperson
In attendance (having participatory, but not voting, rights)
- Director, Information Services, or nomine
- Senior Academic Developer, Centre for Support and Advancement of Learning and Teachin
- Senior Curriculum and Program Accreditation Officer, Academic Secretaria
- Minute Secretary
Observers (no rights)
- Any person with the approval of the Chairperson
Terms of reference
- To advise the Academic Board and the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor on learning and teaching matters, including University Policy on learning and teaching
- To advise the Academic Board and Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor on strategic plans associated with Learning and Teaching
- To make recommendations to the Academic Board on proposals for the accreditation of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs including honours programs, and changes to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs, in accordance with the Program Accreditation and Course Approval - Governing Policy and associated Procedures
- To approve new courses, new study components, changes to study components and amendments to programs as specified in the Program Accreditation and Course Approval - Governing Policy and associated Procedures
- To make recommendations to the Academic Board regarding the Learning and Teaching Grants scheme
- To advise the Academic Board and the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor on professional development in learning and teaching, blended learning, first-year experience, Work Integrated Learning and other key areas of learning and teaching
- To advise the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor on the preparation of key submissions to government related to learning and teaching
Tenure and frequency of meetings
- There will be at least four meetings of the Committee each year.
- The Executive Deans’ nominees will serve for a period of two years.
- The student members will serve for a period of one year, with a maximum of two consecutive terms of office.
Last revised: Chairperson, Academic Board, 10 July 2017