- Creative Advertising
- Editing for Communications Professionals
- Communication Theory
- product placement
- brand-funded entertainment
- advertising on free-to-air television
Priscilla Trahar (nee Morton) is the Learning Designer (ePortfolios) with the University's Centre for Support and Advancement of Learning and Teaching.
Priscilla worked as a sessional tutor and lecturer at USC from 2007 - 2013 and has a strong academic background having completed her honours in Communication (USC 2008) and is working on a PhD in television and advertising (currently on hold) through UQ.
Priscilla’s background also includes graphic design, print media, marketing and advertising having worked in these fields locally and overseas.
Conference papers / presentations
- Advertising or Not? Is Product Placement Sidestepping Australian Broadcast Policy? Presented at ANZCA 2009, QUT Brisbane (refereed stream).
- From Maxwell House Hour to Mercurio’s Menu – tracing a history of changes in advertising practice on television. Presented at the Cultural Adaptations and Change (WIP) Conference 2009, University of Queensland Brisbane
- Advertiser-Funded Television–Origins and Future Trends. Presented at the Australian Media Traditions Conference 2011: Trends, Traditions & Transformations, Swinburne University