Indigenous Services is located in the Buranga Centre, on the ground floor of Building E, Sippy Downs Student Learning Hub.
We work to support the University-wide vision for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to enjoy the same life opportunities as non-Indigenous Australians in a society which values equality, diversity and the contributions of all.
Indigenous Services helps to achieve this by:
- delivering cultural awareness workshops for staff and students
- developing and implementing the whole of University's approach to Reconciliation
- developing support programs and student facilities for students
- developing strategies to employ more Indigenous staff across University
- organising cultural activities and events within University, eg annual Indigenous Education Symposium
- providing academic support to students
- providing a friendly Indigenous presence on campus and a contact point for students, staff and community members
- providing the University with information about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and knowledge
- supplying library; laptop and other resources to students as and when required
- supporting career choices and assisting with employment options