The USC vision for information management is a culture where information is created, managed, used and shared effectively to advance the University’s strategic priorities. Achieving this vision will enable effective: planning and decision making; performance management; information creation and collaboration; information discovery, access and distribution; information quality and integrity; regulatory compliance; and communication within the University and between the University and its stakeholders.
Information Management Services is responsible for the delivery of the following services to USC:
- Information management
- Records management
- Staff intranet on MyUSC (login required).
- Right to information (RTI)
- Information privacy
- Information governance
- Delivery of the USC Information Management Strategy
The information management vision is supported by the following principles which are designed to guide all information management decision-making, policy development and projects across the University:
- our information resources are managed as valuable assets
- our information management initiatives and investments align with and support our strategic priorities
- our information initiatives are suitably resourced, and planned and implemented to leverage existing infrastructure/systems where possible
- our information is easy to find, access and use
- our information is created, collected and organised in a manner that ensures its integrity, quality and security
- our information is managed in accordance with internal policy and external regulatory requirements
- our information management roles and responsibilities are clearly defined
The Information Management Strategy provides a vision, priorities and plan for the best use of the University’s information assets. It aims to position the University for the future, taking a holistic, sustainable approach to the development of robust systems infrastructure, sound information governance, and an organisational culture of information sharing.
The Information Management Framework (PDF 144KB) provides a visual of the Strategy.
The Information Management Framework - Governing Policy and related Information and Records Management - Procedures outline the framework for information management within the University, and the related authorities and responsibilities of staff.
Additional resources including yearly Information Management Action Plans and related guidelines are available for USC staff on MyUSC (login required).
The Information Management Committee provides leadership, direction and strategic advice on the planning and delivery of the Information Management Strategy and Implementation Plans in alignment with USC’s planning framework, including the Enterprise Architecture IT Master Plan.
Membership of this committee includes:
- Director, Information Services (Chair)
- Director, Strategic Information and Analysis Unit
- Director, Student Administration
- Director, Office of Research
- Associate Director, Information Technology Services
- Manager, Information Management Services
University of the Sunshine Coast staff can view further information on information management governance on MyUSC (login required).