Mail and Print Services (MaPS) are your specialist provider of black and white and colour printing, all facets of print finishing and wide-format printing.
- Opening hours
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, excluding public holidays.
- Print / Copy / Scan
Black and white printing and photocopying
- Black and white printing is suitable for book pages, flyers, brochures, catalogues, price lists, order forms and many other applications.
- We utilise high-speed production printers with 600dpi resolution ensuring your text and images reproduce crisply and cleanly.
- Printed pages can be up to A3 size.
- We carry a range of white and coloured 80gsm – 160gsm bond paper.
Colour printing and photocopying
- Colour printing is suitable for brochures, flyers, catalogs, reports, books, posters, business cards and other applications where your document needs to stand out.
- We carry a range of silk paper in weights from 130gsm - 300gsm. If you are unsure of the appropriate paper for your document we are more than happy to provide advice.
- Printed pages can be up to SRA3 (450 x 320mm)
- Why shrink your ideas when you can have them printed in a large, eye-catching format?
Wide-format printing is suitable for banners, posters, artworks or any application where your work needs to be BIG.
- We carry a range of stocks including matte, satin, gloss, canvas, valeron, vinyl and satin cloth.
- Standard wide format printing sizes are A2, A1 and A0 or prints can be up to 900mm wide and up to 12 metres long.
- Full colour and black and white scanning is available and can be sent to you via email as a JPG or PDF (loose leaf scanning only)
- Binding and finishing
Wire binding and comb binding
- This binding is suitable for financial reports, laboratory manuals, and agenda items. It comprises a black wire binder or comb binder with a transparent front sheet and a cardboard back
- Brochures, letters and flyers that need to be mailed can be folded in several ways:
- Half-fold - A3 or A4 sheet folded in half
- C fold ^
- Z fold ^
^ Both C- and Z- folds turn an A4 sheet into a size suitable to fit a business-sized envelope
- We can drill 2, 3 or 4 holes in the left hand edge of a document ready for insertion into most standard ring binders.
- This process protects single sheets in a sturdy plastic coating. Sizes available for laminating: Business Cards, A4, A3, A2, A1, A0.
- Self-serve and drop-off facilities
Student Printing, located on level 1 of the USC Library, offer a range of self-serve and drop-off facilities available to the public.
- Visit Student Printing to borrow a public copy card.
- Leave your drivers license as collateral for the public copy card and use the card to photocopy as many documents as you need (up to $10 at any one time and complying with copyright laws).
- Once you have finished copying, return to Student Printing to pay for your copies and collect your drivers license.
- Scanning is a free service to anyone and is available on all of the multi-functional devices throughout the library.
- There are step-by-step instructions on every machine on how to scan.
- Your scanned document will be emailed to your nominated email address as a PDF or JPG.
- The library has 5 catalogue / referencing computers (OPAC) available for anyone to use.
- If you wish to print an article or document from one of these computers, chose the printer friendly view and press print.
- Take note of which OPAC computer you printed from, for example OPAC04.
- Visit Student Printing, advising of the OPAC number, to collect and pay for your printing.
- Student Printing stock binding materials available for purchase.
- There are binding machines, located on level 1 of the USC Library, available for anyone to use.
- Alternatively, drop off your documents to Student Printing and one of our friendly staff will bind it for you for a small charge. Your bound document will be ready within 5-10 minutes.
- A4 and A3 laminating is available at Student Printing. Drop off your documents to be laminated and they will be ready within 10–15 minutes.
- For documents larger than A3, please visit Mail and Print Services.
- Print Services Request Form
- To submit a print request, please complete our Print Services Request Form.
- Visit our front reception to submit the completed Print Services Request Form along with your document/s.
- We will require payment (Eftpos only - no cash) before we commence printing/copying.
- Provide feedback
- Contact us
- Location: University of the Sunshine Coast, Resources building (ground floor), Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
- Tel: +61 (0) 7 5459 4744
- Email: email@example.com
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.