The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) services one of the nation’s fasting growing regions and regards community involvement as a key foundation for excellent teaching, learning, research and innovation.
This applies now, more than ever in our history, as USC’s campus footprint expands from Brisbane to the Fraser Coast, and we seek to increase reciprocal relationships that contribute to the aspirations of our local regions.
USC aims to be an institution of international standing, a driver of regional capacity building, and an unsurpassed community asset. Our commitment to productive community partnerships includes the Innovation Centre, USC Clinics our sporting facilities, Library and Art Gallery.
We interact, connect and collaborate with our many stakeholders, through three focus areas:
USC is a member of Engagement Australia, the peak body for promoting university-community engagement in Australia.
USC was also the first university in Queensland to become a member of the Talloires Network, an international association of institutions committed to strengthening the civic roles and social responsibilities of higher education.
Community engagement stories
- 21 Mar 2017 1996 Society to build better future for USC
- 7 Mar 2017 Students to experience world-class facilities at new Sunshine Coast Health Institute
- 23 Feb 2017 USC employee shares in Sundance film award
- 21 Feb 2017 Launch of USC High Performance Student Athlete Program
- 15 Feb 2017 Supreme Court judge to hold masterclass at USC
- 14 Feb 2017 Conference aims to foster high-performance sport