- Tourism and Leisure Policy and Planning
- Sustainable Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
- Event Management
- social media in tourism
- destination branding and marketing
- disruptive innovation
- medical tourism
- culture and heritage
Aaron Tham is a lecturer and researcher in the School of Business, Faculty of Arts, Business and Law, with a focus in tourism and hospitality. Aaron has published in top tourism and hospitality journals and also serves on the editorial board of 'eReview of Tourism Research'. He is also a reviewer across several journals.
He is currently close to completing his doctoral studies examining the influence of social media in tourism decision-making. He has obtained a Bachelor of Business Studies (Marketing) in Singapore and also a Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management from Griffith University.
Aaron's work experience includes working with a Japanese tourism agency for inbound and outbound markets, including corporate clients. He has taught into the tertiary education sector for the past eight years.
You can also visit Aaron at:
- Asia Pacific Council on Hotel, Restaurant and International Education (APac CHRIE)
- Asia Pacific Tourism Association (APTA)
- Asia Pacific Travel and Tourism Research Association (APac TTRA)
- Association of Critical Heritage Studies (ACHS)
- Council of Australian Universities Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE)
- International Federation for Information Technology in Travel & Tourism (IFITT)
- Monash Graduate Scholarships, Monash University, 2010
- Monash Faculty Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Monash University, 2010
- Griffith Award for Academic Excellence, Griffith University, 2003