- Planning Theory
- Environmental and Planning Law
- Planning Practicum
- coastal planning and management
- use of planning methods in managing landscapes
- experiential learning in planning education
- evaluating the effectiveness of planning
Associate Professor Johanna Rosier's current research aims to identify how planning techniques are used to manage peri-urban landscapes. A second area of research is the evaluation of the effectiveness of coastal planning in both Queensland and New Zealand, and to improve best practice in both planning regimes.
Johanna was co-leader in an Australian Learning and Teaching Council funded project to develop an integrated package of resources as part of an online toolkit to support the delivery of excellent experiential learning opportunities in planning education. The project engaged researchers across five Australian planning schools and was completed in August 2014.