- Planning Theory
- Environmental and Planning Law
- Planning Practicum
- Spatial Planning and Governance
- Coastal planning and management
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Use of planning methods in managing landscapes
- Experiential learning in planning education
- Use of visualization tools in planning
Associate Professor Johanna Rosier's current research aims to assess the effectiveness of planning in coastal management and dispute resolution in both Queensland and New Zealand.
Johanna was co-leader in an Australian Learning and Teaching Council funded project to develop an integrated package of resources as part of an online toolkit to support the delivery of excellent experiential learning opportunities in planning education. The project engaged researchers across five Australian planning schools. She has also carried out research about the use of visualization techniques and online databases in planning.