- Field Education
Christine Boulter commenced working for the University of the Sunshine Coast in 2008 as the Field Education Coordinator for Social Work, Human Services, Counselling and Community Work placements. Due to an increase in student numbers Christine now coordinates Work Integrated Learning placements for the Bachelor of Counselling and internships for Master of Counselling. She also teaches field education for the Bachelor of Counselling programs.
Christine has enjoyed a broad social work career in government and non-government organisations. Direct practice experience is in the fields of child protection, drugs and alcohol, intensive care and emergency, trauma, grief and loss and palliative care. As an accredited Mental Health Social Worker Christine has provided therapeutic social work counselling through the Medicare Better Access to Mental Health Care.
With a Master of Counselling degree Christine has worked in private practice with individuals, couples and children.
Christine provides clinical supervision to both qualified counsellors and social workers. She holds Level 4 membership with the Australian Counselling Association and is a member of the College of Supervisors. Christine is also an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with the Australian Association of Social Work.
Christine coordinates the professional workplace learning component for the Bachelor of Counselling and Master of Counselling clinical internships. Christine is responsible for:
- identifying and developing appropriate work based placements
- educating students about workplace learning
- liaising with supervisors, employing authorities and other relevant agencies and stakeholders
- program delivery compliance with program accreditation requirements, Codes of Ethics, Confidentiality and Codes of Conduct
- Australian Association of Social Workers (MAASW)
- AASW accredited Mental Health Practitioner
- Australian Counselling Association (MACA)
- Australian Counselling Association College of Supervisors