- Creative Industries
- Screen and Media
- film and television studies
- documentary studies
- media policy
- cultural policy
- creative labour
- creative industries
- media education
- public service broadcasting
- production studies
- Australian cinema
- apps and smartphone ecologies
- sports broadcasting
Dr Ben Goldsmith joined the University of the Sunshine Coast in January 2016 in the role of senior lecturer, Creative Industries with the School of Communication and Creative Industries.
You can also follow Ben at:
* This is an external website and the University of the Sunshine Coast is not responsible for the content.
- International Communications Association
A selection of Ben's research publications include:
- Ben Goldsmith (2015) ‘It’s Africa. It’s Arizona. It’s Antarctica. It’s Afghanistan. Actually, it’s Alberta’: Marketing Locations to Film Producers, in Mingant, Nolwenn, Tirtaine, Cecilia, & Augros, Joel (Eds.) Film Marketing into the 21st Century. BFI Publishing, London, pp.174–84.
- Ben Goldsmith (2015) Sport and the transformation of Australian television. Media International Australia incorporating Culture and Policy, 155, pp.70–79.
- Ben Goldsmith & Julian Thomas (2012) The Convergence Review and the future of Australian content regulation. Telecommunications Journal of Australia, 62(3), 44.1–44.12.
- Ben Goldsmith (2010) Outward-looking Australian cinema. Studies in Australasian Cinema, 4(3), 199–214.
- Ben Goldsmith, Mark Ryan and Geoff Lealand (eds) (2015) Directory of World Cinema: Australia and New Zealand, volume 2, Intellect, Bristol.
|Grant / Project name||Investigators||Funding body and A$ value||Year(s)||Focus of research|
|Applying a connectedness learning model at USC to develop a networked approach to lifelong graduate employability||Dr MJ de Villiers Scheepers (lead), Dr Ben Goldsmith, Dr Mark Sayers, Dr Peter English, Dr Gail Crimmins and Dr Joanna McIntyre||USC Commissioned Learning and teaching Grant: Graduate Employability (A$30,000)||2017||
This project applies an OLT connectedness learning model (Bridgstock, 2016) at USC in selected disciplines to assess students’ current social network capabilities and implement action plans to improve these capabilities, thereby enhancing students’ employability and USC’s engagement with relevant stakeholder groups.
|Australian Screen Content in Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education: Uses and Potential||Professor Stuart Cunningham (QUT), Dr Michael Dezuanni (QUT) and Dr Ben Goldsmith (Senior Research Fellow)||ART Linkage grant (A$660,000)||2014–2016||Use of Australian screen content in schools and universities, production of content for educational use|
|Investigating the Future of Australian Television||Professor Ross Gibson (UTS), Professor Phillip Bell (UTS), Dr Hugh Pattinson (UTS), Andy Lloyd James (AFTRS), Dr Annmarie Chandler (UTS) and Dr Ben Goldsmith (AFTRS)||ARC Linkage grant (A$485,000)||2008–2010||Future of television|
|Redesigning Australian Film and Television Production for Multichannel Environments 1995–2009||Professor Tom O'Regan (UQ) and Dr Ben Goldsmith||ARC Discovery grant (A264,357)||2007–2010||History of Australian film and television, international film production in Australia|