- Sociology / Social Sciences
- ageing studies
- health care management
- social capital
- student engagement and retention
- technology and learning
Lee-anne began her Bachelor of Arts degree at USC in its inaugural year in 1996. As a 'first in family' student Lee-anne completed her BA with a double major in Communication and Social and Community Studies, receiving both a High Academic Achievement Award and the University Medal in 2004. Lee-anne undertook further studies and completed an Honours degree in Sociology in 2007 and her PhD in 2013 which looked at employee retention through improved workplace social capital.
Lee-anne’s teaching experience has covered all Faculties and various Schools. She is currently appointed as Associate Lecturer in Communication and Thought, facing the challenge of contributing to the development and success of a large first year course. Lee-anne is passionate about teaching and enjoys contributing to student achievement.
- Rotary Scholarship Award, 2010, Sunshine Coast Rotary
- Distinguished Academic Record, 2004, University of the Sunshine Coast
- University Medal, 2004, University of the Sunshine Coast
Potential research projects for HDR and Honours students
- Critical sociology, particularly discourse analysis
- Demographic changes and population ageing
- Social capital and the workplace
- First year learning experience, and student engagement and retention