- Financial and Management Accounting
- Auditing and Professional Practices
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- social and environmental accounting and reporting
- pollutant accounting, reporting and accountability
- corporate social responsbility
- Islamic accounting, Islamic banking and sharia'ah governance
Md Hafij Ullah (Hafij) commenced with the School of Business at the University of the Sunshine Coast in February 2017 in the role of associate lecturer in accounting.
Recently Hafij submitted his PhD thesis to Macquarie University, Australia. His research focus investigated Mercury Accounting and Accountability under the Minamata Convention.
Hafij publishes in and reviews esteemed accounting journals. Apart from industry experience in financial institutions, Hafij has been teaching at different universities for the past ten years.
Hafij is located at the USC SouthBank campus.
You can also stay in touch with Hafij at:
- The Centre for Social and Environmental Research (CSEAR)
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- International Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (iMQRES) for three-year PhD program (2014–2017) (~A$160,000)
- Postgraduate Research Fund (A$5,000) from Macquarie University for Participating CSEAR Conference at St Andrews University, 23–25 August, 2016
Selected research publications
- Ullah, M.H. & Dhanam, R. (forthcoming). Whether Shari'ah compliance Efficiency a Matter for the Financial Performance: The Case of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited. Accepted for publication in Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, Vol. 9, No. 1. (Scopus, ABS, & ABDC)
- Ullah, M.H., Tasnim, T., & Khanam, R. (forthcoming). Comparative Compliance Status of AAOIFI and IFSB Standards: Empirical Evidence on Islami Bank Bangladesh. Accepted for publication in Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, Emerald Publishing Group, UK. (Scopus, ABS, & ABDC)
- Ullah, M.H. & Rahman, M.A. (2015), Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting Practices in Banking Companies in Bangladesh, Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Vol 13, No. 2, pp. 200–225, Emerald Publishing Group, UK. (ABDC)
- Ullah, M.H. (2014), Shariah compliance in Islamic banking—An empirical study on selected Islamic banks in Bangladesh, International Journal of Islamic Finance and Middle Eastern Management, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 182–199, Emerald Publishing Group, UK. (Scopus, ABS, & ABDC)
- Ullah, M.H. (2013), Compliance of AAOIFI Guidelines in Presentation and Disclosure in the Financial Statements of Islamic Banks in Bangladesh, International Journal of Social Science Research, CPS Journals, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 111–123.
- Chowdhury, N.J. & Ullah, M.H. (2010), Socio-Economic Conditions of Female Garments Workers—An Empirical Study on Chittagong Metropolitan Area, Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), publication of Northern University, Bangladesh), Vol. V, No. 2, pp. 53–70.