- Consumer Behaviour
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Marketing
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management
- Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Tourism Policy and Planning
- tourism and hospitality consumer behaviour
- tourism and hospitality consumer neuroscience
- tourism and hospitality marketing
- tourism destination branding
Shahab is the social media editor of the Journal of Sustainable Tourism. His current PhD candidature focuses on studying consumers’ hotel selection behaviour with a focus on the impact of electronic word of mouth on their choice and decision-making.
Before joining USC, Shahab taught various tourism and hospitality courses at the University of Otago and Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand and worked in several research and industrial projects in New Zealand, Malaysia and Iran. He is currently leading a number of innovative eTourism consumer research projects collaborating with scholars from New Zealand, Malaysia and Australia.
Shahab’s research interests generally involve studying tourists’ behaviour and the investigation of how tourism and hospitality consumers and businesses use various forms of smart, social and mobile information and communication technologies in their day-to-day activities. He is particularly interested in investigating how tourists’ daily use of such smart technologies changes their tourism-related decision making and affects their perceptions of various tourism destinations and products.
You can follow Shahab’s developing academic publication record using the following academic social platforms:
- International Federation for Information Technology and Tourism & Tourism
- The Council for Australasian Tourism and Hospitality Education
- The International Federation for IT and Travel & Tourism Award for the best doctoral research proposal (2014), Dublin, Ireland
- Internet NZ Conference Support Grant (2013), Internet NZ Foundation, Wellington, New Zealand
- The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship Award (2013), Dunedin, New Zealand
- The University of Malaya Bright Sparks Scholarships Awards (2013), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- CIPD Short Term Grant, University Technology Malaysia (2012), Johor, Malaysia
- The University Technology Malaysia Best Postgraduate Student Award (2012), Johor, Malaysia