- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- teaching and learning in prosthetics and orthotics
- sport-specific use of prosthetics
- improving access to prosthetic and orthotic care
Ben has an extensive background in both the clinical and academic areas of prosthetics and orthotics, spending 10 years as an orthotist mainly dealing with children in various contexts before spending the last 6 years teaching in a clinical degree.
Ben is the program coordinator for prosthetics and orthotics curriculum as part of the Health Science degree. Ben taught at the post-graduate level in the USA. Prior to academia, Ben worked for both children’s hospitals and private clinics, treating children in both inpatient and outpatient environments.
He has a strong interest in improving the education of clinicians and the development of theoretical frameworks to guide students and new graduates in the field of prosthetics and orthotics.
- Australian Orthotic and Prosthetic Association