- Cell Biology
- Systemic Physiology
- molecular basis of biomineralisation in pearl oysters
- moult regulation and exoskeletal formation in crustaceans
- prawn HPV infection and resistance
- molluscan metabolic suppression
- gene discovery and trait association
Dr Anna Kuballa completed her PhD at the University of Queensland investigating novel genes associated with crustacean moulting and exoskeletal formation. Her research involves the use of invertebrate models such as crustaceans and molluscs to study the process of biomineralisation, with an emphasis on molecular control studying differential gene expression through molecular techniques such as microarrays, transcriptomics and quantitative PCR.