- PUB104 – Introduction to Behavioural Health
- PUB112 – Public Health Foundations
- PUB351 – Health Promotion Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Health communication
- Health promotion and education
- Mental health promotion
- Injury surveillance and control
- Educational research
- Master of Health Promotion
- (Sippy Downs) Health Communication Extended Major - Semester 1 commencement (February)
- (Sippy Downs) Health Communication Extended Major - Semester 2 commencement (July)
Dr Florin Oprescu is a health promotion and communication specialist. His formal qualifications include medicine (MD), public health (MPH, PhD), business management (MBA) and education (Grad Cert). He works on initiatives including health promotion education, health communication, injury prevention, and translation of scientific findings into practical and accessible public health content, especially for vulnerable populations and limited resource settings. For example, his doctoral work explored health communication in online communities, including knowledge management and sharing for disability care. A recent health communication research project was in collaboration with the national health promotion charity Hello Sunday Morning led by USC graduate Chris Raine.
Florin’s experience encompasses a range of projects across topics and disciplines including medicine, nursing, paramedic science, occupational therapy, information technology, communication and education. He is currently contributing to programs and research designed to enhance teaching and learning in higher education, particularly in health disciplines. Examples include action research, first-year experience, assessment as learning and use of information technology in education. A research project example is Expert in my pocket: A mobile-enabled repository of learning resources for the development of clinical skills in student health professionals.