- Mathematics Education at all Levels
- Secondary Education
- First Year Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- Modern Physics
- mathematics education
- science education
- problem formulation and solution
- mathematical investigations
- collaborative learning
- mathematical beliefs, attitudes, affect and learning
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Science
Dr Margaret Marshman is the Program Coordinator for Bachelor of Education Secondary/Bachelor of Arts (new double degrees) and the Bachelor of Education Secondary/Bachelor of Science. Dr Marshman worked as a physicist in a hospital, in laser physics and magnetic resonance imaging before becoming a secondary teacher and mathematics Head of Department on the Gold Coast. She is involved in teacher education in the graduate diploma and undergraduate programs and has been involved in the professional development of practitioners in the masters program.
Dr Marshman supervises doctoral students in Mathematics Education and Science Education. She is particularly interested in how students formulate and solve mathematical and scientific problems and also publishes in other areas of collaborative learning, middle schooling and mathematics and science education.