- disease genomics
- evolutionary genomics
Dr. Min Zhao is the USC research fellow focusing on bioinformatics.
His PhD training on bioinformatics undertaken at Peking University, the best university in China, worldwide ranking is 41. With a solid bioinformatics and systems biology background, he was offered a postdoctoral research fellow position at Vanderbilt University USA (ranks 15th out of hundreds of medical schools in USA). During this period, he received excellent training in use of next generation sequencing (NGS) genomic data to investigate the genetics of complex diseases. He has been working in two major research areas: (i) integrative analysis of NGS data to decipher the genetic mechanism of complex disease; (ii) network-based strategy to investigate the interplay of microRNA, tumor suppressor genes and oncogenes, using large-scale cancer genomic data. Only seven years post-PhD, his research has already produced 44 papers - 26 first-author, 6 corresponding author, and 12 collaborative.
He is in the editorial board member of PLoS One, Peer J, PeerJ computer science. He has been invited to review >50 manuscripts from over 10 biomedical journals including those leading journals in bioinformatics field such as Nucleic acids research, Bioinformatics. He also has been appointed as program committee member for three international bioinformatics conferences.
- Anna R. Hemnes, Min Zhao (co-first author), et al. Critical Genomic Networks and Vasoreactive Variants in Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. (2016). Am J Respir Crit Care Med (Accepted, IF=12. 996).
- Min Zhao, Yining Liu, Hong Qu. Expression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related genes increases with copy number in multiple cancer types. (2016). Oncotarget (Accepted, IF=6.359)
- Min Zhao (corresponding author), Yining Liu, Tracy OMara. (2016). ECGene: A Literature-Based Knowledgebase of Endometrial Cancer Genes. Human Mutation (IF=5.34),humu22950.
- Min Zhao, P. Kim, R. Mitra, J. Zhao, Z. Zhao. (2016). TSGene 2.0: an updated literature-based knowledgebase for tumor suppressor genes. Nucleic Acids Res (IF = 9.112), 44: D1023-1031.
- Zhao M, Sun J, Zhao Z. TSGene: a web resource for tumor suppressor genes. Nucl. Acids Res, (2013) 41 (D1): D970-D976.
- Min Zhao, Xin Chen, Ge Gao, Louis Tao, Liping Wei. RLEdb: a database of Rate-Limiting Enzymes and their regulation in Human, Rat, Mouse, Yeast and E. coli. Cell Research, (2009) 19(6):793-795.