- TPP101 Academic Skills
- TPP102 Digital Futures
- TPP107 Critical Thinking in Society
- TPP111 Business Study Skills
- enabling education
- games for learning and engagement
Sandie Elsom teaches across a range of courses in the Preparatory and Enabling Unit. Her Masters research focused on the experiences of Tertiary Preparation Pathway students at a regional learning hub. She believes that an understanding of the students’ needs can inform the design of courses, programs and support services.
Sandie is currently researching the potential of alternate reality (and other) games to enhance the learning and engagement of students in higher education. She is a member of The 14%, USC’s Women in Games group, and advocates and supports the use of games for learning.
- Research Week 2014 — Best Research Presentation — FAB (for the MyTED project)
- Learning and Teaching Week 2014 — People's Choice Winner — FAB (for the MEEM project)
- National Association of Enabling Educators Australia
- Women in Technology
- International Game Developers Association
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)