For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
Council is the University's governing body and derives its powers from the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998.
Council has the power to manage and control University affairs, property and finances, and appoint University staff. Where allowed under the Act, Council may delegate its powers to an appropriately qualified member of Council or member of the University’s staff; or to an appropriately qualified committee that includes one or more members of Council.
Committees of Council include:
- Planning and Resources Committee
- Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Honorary Awards Committee
- The Chancellor's Committee
The Academic Board is the University's senior academic body.
The Board was established under the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998 to:
- advise the Council about teaching, scholarship and research matters concerning the University
- formulate proposals for the academic policies of the University
- monitor the academic activities of the University's faculties
- promote and encourage scholarship and research at the University
Standing Committees of Academic Board
- Learning and Teaching Committee
- Research Degrees Committee
- Research Committee
- Internal Research Grants sub-committee
- Animal Ethics Committee
- Human Research Ethics Committee
Vice-Chancellor and President's committees
Art Collection Advisory Committee
The Committee is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and President to advise him on the implementation of the Artworks Acquisition and Deaccessioning – Managerial Policy.
Equity Advisory Committee
The Equity Advisory Committee is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and President. The Committee meets once a year to:
- receive a report on current and proposed Equity activities and projects considered at the annual Equity Think Tank; and
- make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor and President on Equity activities of the University.
Executive provides advice to the Vice-Chancellor and President on matters of relevance to the University. The Committee provides the means for Executive leaders of the University to discuss such matters, and is positioned to promote open communication and sharing of information.
Quality and Standards Committee
The Quality and Standards Committee (QSC) is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and President. Its role includes:
- to undertake ongoing review of compliance and alignment with the Higher Education Standards across the University
- to further develop quality management consistent with the Quality and Standards Framework
- to coordinate and oversee TEQSA-related activities
- consistent with provisions in policy and procedures relating to formal reviews, provide advice and monitor action in relation to review findings
Senior Staff Forum
The Senior Staff Forum is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and President. Its role is to:
- act as a forum for the discussion of any general issue affecting the University;
- discuss major sectoral issues and their impact on the University;
- advise the Vice-Chancellor on relevant policies developed for formal approval; and
- consider issues from Cost Centres relevant to University business and progress.
Sustainability Management Committee
The Committee is an advisory committee of the Vice-Chancellor and President.
Its role is to ensure that the needs of the current University community can be met without compromising the needs of future students and staff.
The Committee, in collaboration with the Sustainability Advisory Committee, advises on and monitors the impact of environmental, social and economic sustainability activities at USC, in order to evaluate success and drive continual improvements in these areas.