The University currently operates one wholly owned company (controlled entity): the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast Pty Ltd (ICSC).
Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast Pty Ltd (ICSC)
The mission of ICSC is to support the start-up and growth of knowledge economy and technology based businesses on the Sunshine Coast and to promote beneficial interaction between these businesses and the University.
The Innovation Centre currently has five key activities:
- Student Enterprise—creating an enterprising culture, supporting motivated students and graduates to start businesses, working in collaboration with USC.
- The Business Incubator—helping start-up businesses to grow stronger and faster, providing serviced office space, mentoring and other business support services.
- The Business Accelerator—supporting the growth of established knowledge economy businesses through flexible hi-tech office space and business development support.
- UniConnect—builds productive connections between businesses based at the Innovation Centre and the University.
- IC Outreach—targeted outreach services to virtual clients and to service new, broader regional opportunities.
The development of IC is an important part of the University's commitment to regional engagement and to supporting the growth of new jobs in knowledge-based business sectors in the region. The development of the Innovation Centre Business Incubator and Business Accelerator are two key stages in the development of a larger Knowledge Precinct around the University.