USC Sport sponsorship
In an effort to reduce the financial burden of sporting competition, and to improve athletic performance, USC Sport provides sponsorship to selected elite athletes. Below is a list of the sponsored services offered:
- 12-month USC Gym, Pool, and/or Athletics Track membership (renewed annually, provided athlete is still competing)
- Strength and conditioning programs
- Functional testing
- Preventative rehabilitation
- Injury rehabilitation
- USC Spartan merchandise
- Access to additional sports funding for competition and travel expenses
Athletes can apply for USC Sport sponsorship by completing the USC Sport Sponsorship – Athlete Application Form (PDF 305KB) and submitting it to the Sports Coordinator at USC Sport.
Tel: +61 7 5459 4855
Students with high level of achievement in their chosen sport are encouraged to apply for scholarships. The following scholarships are catered to elite athletes:
- June Canavan Para-athlete Sport Scholarship
- USC Sports Scholarship
- USC Sports Elite and Education Dual Stream (SEEDS) Excellence Scholarships
For more information regarding scholarships, please contact the Coordinator, High Performance Student Program, Tania Stevenson.
Tel: +61 7 5430 1210
Elite Athlete Friendly University program
The Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) program supports Australia's elite athletes to achieve academic excellence while also pursuing a sporting career.
In order to be eligible for this the applicant must be:
- Recognised by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS) or professional player's association
- A member of a national senior squad from an Athlete Career and Education (ACE) support sport
- In a state or national level squad in open or age level competition
- In a state or national level development squad
- A coach or referee within national or international level competitions.
As part of the EAFU program, USC assists elite athletes and provides:
- Advice and guidance on academic planning
- Support in negotiating flexibility to meet academic requirements
- Advocacy within the university environment
- Support in negotiating and/or implementing cross-institutional study or credit transfer arrangements.
For more information and to gain access to the EAFU program, please contact Student Wellbeing.
Tel: +61 7 5430 1226
Elite Athlete Bonus
Applicants who are elite athletes may be awarded a bonus of up to three (3) OP scores or six (6) selection ranks.
Applicants for this bonus should complete the Access USC Bonus Scheme — Elite Athlete Bonus Application Form (PDF 256KB) and submit it together with documentary evidence to the Scholarships Coordinator at Student central.
Tel: +61 7 5430 2890