Australian University Games
The 2017 Australian University Games will be held on the Gold Coast, QLD from 24-29 September 2017.
Join students from over 40 universities across Australia to compete in a wide range of sports. The sports to be included in the 2017 Australian University Games are listed below.
- Athletics (men and women)
- Australian Rules Football (men and women)
- Badminton (teams event) (men and women)
- Baseball (open)
- Beach volleyball (men, women and mixed)
- Cheer and Dance (mixed)
- Cycling (men and women)
- Fencing (men and women)
- Football (men and women)
- Futsal (men* and women*)
- Golf (teams event) (men and women)
- Handball (mixed)
- Hockey (men)
- Judo (men and women)
- Kendo (men and women)
- Lawn bowls (open*)
- Netball (mixed)
- Rowing (men and women)
- Rugby 7s (men and women)
- Sailing (open)
- Softball (women)
- Squash (teams event) (men and women)
- Surfing (Australian University Championships)
- Swimming (men and women)
- Table tennis (teams event) (men and women)
- Taekwondo (men and women)
- Tennis (teams event) (men and women)
- Tenpin bowling (open*)
- Touch (men & women)
- Twenty20 cricket (men and women)
- Ultimate Disc (men and women)
- Volleyball (men and women)
- Water polo (men and women)
How to sign up and register
- To get involved, go to the University Games section on Blackboard to see your sport trial dates. Trials will be held in Week 1 & 2 of Semester 2. If your sport doesn't have a trial listed, contact the Student Sport Manager for your sport for further details.
- Confirm your selection in a team with the student sport manager and receive the team name and code for registering with Australian University Sport.
- Register and pay the uniform fees online by the due dates. (Check with your Student Sport Manager for uniform and accommodation payment requirements).
USC Australian University Games Registration and Uniform Fees
- Register and pay online with Australian University Sport.
Australian University Games Registration
|USC registration and uniform fee||11 August||
A$40-A$80 *sport dependent
|Australian University Games registration||18 August||A$189 * A$159 for sports held over 1 or 2 days|
The National Indigenous Games will be held in Geelong, VIC from 25-29 June and host hundreds of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander tertiary students from universities all around Australia. Students compete in four core sports including touch football, netball, basketball and volleyball plus a traditional indigenous game every year.
For more information on intervarsity sport, contact USC Sport.
University Games Code of Conduct
The University of the Sunshine Coast Code of Conduct is applicable to all USC Sport events. By agreeing to participate in any USC Sport event, students are acknowledging that they are representing University of the Sunshine Coast. USC Sport is proud of its image and reputation and will not tolerate the misbehaviour of individuals representing USC Sport and University of the Sunshine Coast.