USC Sports Awards
The USC Sports Awards are an annual event held by the University to recognise the sporting achievements of its students.
We're inviting all staff and students to help celebrate the amazing sporting achievements.
Where: Innovation Centre, University of the Sunshine Coast
When: Thursday 2 November 10am-11:30am
Other: Morning tea provided from 9:30am
Award categories include Sportsperson of the Year, Team of the Year, Full Blue, Half Blue, Continued Excellence and Green Award
We look forward to seeing you there.
Register today using the form on the right!
2017 USC Sports Awards nominations
Submit your nomination for the 2017 USC Sports Awards.
Sportsperson of the Year
University student considered to have produced the best results in their sporting arena as determined by the Sports Awards Committee.
- Kyle Bridgwood - Cycling
- 2015 - Kyle Bridgwood (Cycling)
- 2014 - Blake Cochrane (Swimming)
- 2013 - Blake Cochrane (Swimming)
- 2012 - Tessa Wallace (Swimming)
- 2011 - Andy Yates (Kite-boarding)
- 2010 - Brodie Gardner (Triathlon)
- 2009 - Chloe Turner (Triathlon)
Team of the Year
This award goes to a team that has shown outstanding achievement on and off the field. The team that has produced the best results without bringing any disrepute to the University. The team has possessed a high level of sportsmanship and team spirit at all times.
- Womens Volleyball - Cecilia Webbe, Bronwyn Oberholzer, Maike Bertram, Kiana Schimak, Angela Johnson, Chloe Wolski, Calista Theron.
- Has previously received a Half Blue and has reproduced or bettered their results of the previous year; or
- Produced outstanding results at an international sporting competition (discretion of the selection committee); or
- Competed at a World Championships as part of a National Sporting Team, (the Committee will evaluate the application according to the relative strength of the championship); or
- Competed at Olympic or Commonwealth Games.
- Annelise Jefferies - Duathlon
- Klade Hauschildt - Sailing
- Taylor McKeown - Swimming
- Braedan Jason - Swimming
- Chelsea Gubecka - Swimming
- Leah Neale - Swimming
- Angela Johnson - Volleyball
A Half Blue award will be awarded to students who have made a minimum level of Green and Gold honours at an AUG, or national representation in a sport not available at AUS events.
- Jessica Schmidt - Waterskiing
- Emma Sykes - Rugby 7's
- Sophie McCulloch - Surfing
- Chloe Grabs - Archery
- Chloe Wolski - Volleyball
- Cecilia Webbe - Volleyball
- Maike Bertram - Volleyball
Has previously received a Full Blue Award and has reproduced or bettered their results of the previous year.
- Blake Cochrane - Swimming
- Jacob Templeton - Swimming
- Cameron Taylor - Taekwondo
- Michael Anderson - Swimming
- Kyle Bridgwood - Cycling
- Chelsea Gillett - Surf Lifesaving
- Jake Packard - Swimming
This award goes to a student who has shown outstanding team spirit, leadership and contribution to sport either through a volunteer or manager position. Recipient has contributed to the success of USC Sport.
- Yoel Jogiono - Futsal