Please be advised that, from 2017, the USC Express Shuttle will no longer be servicing the Noosa or Caloundra routes
The USC Express Shuttle Service charges subsidised fares for direct USC travel routes to all staff and students whom hold a current University identification card.
Services commence on the first day of Semester and run until the last day of Semester 1 and 2 only. The shuttle service operates during teaching weeks from Monday to Friday and does not run during University breaks, including the Easter intra-semester break, the exam period or on public holidays.
In 2017, the University will provide express shuttle buses between:
- Gympie campus (via Cooroy) and the Sippy Downs campus
- North Lakes (via Petrie) and the Sippy Downs campus
- Caboolture (via Narangba, Burpengary and Morayfield) and the Sippy Downs campus
New timetables will be posted on our website prior to Orientation Week for Semester 1, 2017
Please note: USC is not responsible for ensuring that the shuttle buses arrive on time, or that passengers comply with travel regulations. For all matters relating the whereabouts of a late bus, or travel regulations, please contact the bus service provider directly.
Ticketing and fares
Tickets and Semester Passes will be available for purchase from Orientation Week in Semester 1, 2017
One way tickets are available at the Brasserie and Cafe C and are sold as single tickets or can be purchased in multiple amounts.
Students can purchase one way tickets from Gympie to Sippy Downs at the USC Gympie Student Central desk. EFTPOS/credit card only, no cash transactions.
Tickets will be handed to the bus driver when boarding the USC Shuttle Bus. Tickets will not be redeemable for cash, nor will lost or stolen tickets be replaced.
Purchasing an e-Shuttle Semester Pass
An e-Shuttle Semester Pass can be purchased online through the University secure payment facility. The proof of payment sticker must be attached to your University identification card and shown to the bus driver upon boarding. If you travel regularly, an e-Shuttle Semester Pass could save you up to 60% on travel costs when compared with purchasing One Way Tickets.
- Go to USC's secure payments facility
Fill in all required personal details
Select your destination
Based on your selection, the amount will automatically be calculated
Finalise payment using your credit card (Mastercard or Visa)
Print the confirmation receipt of your payment and take it to Student Central with your USC Identification Card to receive your Shuttle Proof of Purchase sticker.
You will be issued a Semester Sticker Pass on your USC Identification Card which is tamper evident.
Note: Once it has been removed it cannot be reused on your card. Lost identification cards or removed Shuttle Proof of Purchase Stickers must be reported to Student Central and will be replaced for a fee.
Show your USC Identification Card Semester Pass Sticker every time you board the USC shuttle bus
Note: You must print your proof of purchase and hand it to Student Central to collect your Semester Pass sticker. No Semester Passes will be issued unless you have printed a paper copy of your proof of purchase.
Alternatively, if you would like to pay for your Semester Pass in person via EFTPOS (no cash); visit Student Central located on Ground Floor, Building C.
|Route||Destination||Semester Pass||One Way Ticket|
|Gympie||USC Gympie / Gympie / Cooroy||A$150||A$3|
|North Lakes||North Lakes / Petrie||A$200||A$4|
|Caboolture||Narangba / Burpengary / Morayfield / Caboolture||A$200||A$4|
- Your Semester Pass is only active once you have your Proof of Purchase attached to your USC Identification Card. You will be required to purchase daily tickets until such proof is received
- A Semester Pass must be purchased for each Semester
- A Semester Pass and tickets are non refundable
- A Semester Pass is not transferable
- Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced
- If your student ID card has been lost or destroyed, you can request a replacement card at Student Central for a cost of A$10. Replacement of your Semester Pass Proof of Purchase will be an additional A$10. Student Central accepts EFTPOS payments only. Strictly no cash.
- Your Proof of Purchase will be considered invalid for travel if the seal has been tampered with or broken. Replacement of your Semester Pass Proof of Purchase will be A$10. Student Central accepts EFTPOS payments only. Strictly no cash.
- You are reminded that while travelling on the USC Express Shuttles you must abide by all USC Policies and Procedures
Shuttle timetables will be made available before Orientation Week in Semester 1, 2017
Consider combining your methods of travel in a single day, for example using the USC Shuttle or a TransLink service in one direction, and carpooling in another.
All enquiries about the USC Express Shuttle and any other travel initiatives can be emailed to travel2USC@usc.edu.au.