Earn a diploma in social science and study overseas.
Choose from a wide range of social sciences fields such as counselling, social work, history, psychology and urban planning. Our Diploma is offered over eight courses and gives you the option to tailor your studies to suit your interests.
You’ll also have the option to use your courses to complete a minor. Earn up to 50 percent credit for your prior study and complete the Diploma in one semester.
This is a unique opportunity to study from a diverse range of social sciences areas and experience what it’s like to live and study in another country.
Application and admission advice
Contact USC International
+61 7 5430 2843
What will I study
Complete 8 courses from the School of Social Sciences:
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 96
Recommended study sequence
Students who commenced prior to the current semester must complete the courses from their original program structure unless otherwise advised. For courses no longer included in the current sequence, use the course links in your structure for details of requisites and scheduling. This is a recommended study sequence to complete your program within the specified full-time duration.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 96 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses)
- Most courses are valued at 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods which may include essays, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests and examinations
- You may wish to use your courses to complete a minor
- Register your selected minor(s)
How to apply
Note: This diploma is offered to International applicants only.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the entry requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Read and understand USC's student rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Check your eligibility for credit
Eligible applicants should apply directly to USC International.
If you have questions about International applications and admissions:
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester, session and/or trimester dates.