Why continue Headstart?
- Get guaranteed entry into most USC degrees ^ — you'll need to complete a second course to be eligible *
- Gain additional credit toward a future USC degree
- Continue to learn and grow at an advanced level, among your new USC friends
- Take advantage of the subsidised course fees
- Study something you're interested in, or have a passion for
- Gain an additional two QCE points
How to apply for a second course
To apply for a second Headstart course you must pass your first course. However, you don't need to wait until you know your final grade before you apply. If your grade is not known at the time of submitting your application you will be enrolled on the condition that you pass your first course for that enrolment to continue. Once official grades are released your application will be assessed.
Apply by completing the Headstart Continuing Enrolment Form (PDF 139KB). Submit the form to your school’s Headstart Coordinator to complete the School's Statement of Support. They will forward it to USC by the due date.
Nominate your course in your application so your enrolment can be processed. If you're not sure what to study, consider your options from Choosing a course.
Selecting class times
We will be in touch with you in late March with information about how to select your preferred class times so be sure to check your emails regularly and keep your email address up-to-date.
You may be able to change your lecture and tutorial times, if required, after confirming your high school timetable.
^ You may also be required to meet additional entry requirements for programs with high entry cut-offs and / or prerequisites. Students are expected to successfully complete Year 12.
* The required standard of achievement is a grade of 4 on a 7-point scale, or a Pass grade.
Although the first Headstart course you complete will have no tuition fees, your second Headstart course will have a $400 course contribution fee. A number of scholarships are available to cover this cost.
Contact Student Central