This course builds on CMN130 Introduction to Journalism. It examines the foundations of journalism including its history, and social and political relevance. There is emphasis on continuing to develop your writing in accord with journalistic style. You will develop skills and understandings in news gathering, interviewing, and note taking, and will be encouraged to become multiskilled so that you can report effectively for print and broadcast. While examining how and why news is reported you will also be encouraged to develop a lasting interest in current affairs.
- CMN130 or enrolled in Program AR505, AR513, AR514, AR541, AR543, AR605, AR614, AR641, AR643, AR841, XP601 or UP601
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
CMN235 Course Outline Semester 2, 2017 (PDF 488KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.