This course introduces the clinical aspects of prosthetics related to the assessment of people with amputations, implementation of an intervention strategy in transtibial and transfemoral scenarios, and evaluating the evidence related to common aspects of care. Students learn about the design of socket interfaces, prosthetic foot and knee types, and evaluate the fit and function of a prosthesis on an individual. The projects in the semester introduce students to working directly with individuals with amputations. Students continue to enhance psychomotor skills working on these projects.
- HLT204 (except for Sem 2 2017) and enrolled in SC367 with a Prosthetics & Orthotics Extended Major
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Mathematics,Statistics,Computing,Built Environment,OtherHlth:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
HLT320 Course Outline Semester 2, 2017 (PDF 759KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.