Get extra support to help you achieve academic success
Students who undertake enabling courses tend to get better results in their first-year courses than those students who don’t undertake the Tertiary Enabling Program (TEP).
If you are enrolled in an undergraduate program, you are eligible to enrol in an enabling course - currently available at Sippy Downs campus.
For science based programs it is recommended that you also enrol in the appropriate enabling course for your undergraduate course choices.
- are offered in the areas of chemistry, biology, statistics, mathematics, physiology and physics
- allow you to learn new skills and refresh your knowledge
- are free of charge for all students enrolled in an undergraduate program
Offered in two parts
You can attend the pre-orientation courses and/or the semester tutorials:
Courses are scheduled in the weeks prior to Orientation to USC for 3 hours per day over five days. Attendance in these weeks is invaluable, especially if you are new to the course content or you just wish to refresh your knowledge. Find when the courses are offered by viewing the TEP timetable.
During the Semester
Participate in one 2 hour tutorial per week during semester. Attending these tutorials will support the lecture content of the relevant undergraduate course. You can enrol in enabling courses up to week 4 of semester however you are able to join a class if you would like to attend after this. View instructions for how to enrol in an enabling course below.
Choose an enabling course
Below is a list of the enabling courses currently offered, listed against the undergraduate course to which it provides the most relevant support.
|Course code||Enabling course title||Course code||Undergraduate course title|
|ENB124||Enabling Statistics||BUS101||Applied Research Methods|
|ENB122||Enabling General Mathematics||
Foundation of English and Mathematics
Anatomy and Physiology
|ENB122||Enabling General Mathematics||MTH100||Introduction to Mathematics|
Introduction to Psychology A
Research Methods in Psychology A
|ENB123||Enabling Mathematics for Physics||SCI107||Physics|
|ENB124||Enabling Statistics||SCI110||Science Research Methods|
How to enrol in an enabling course
- Login to USC Central.
- Click on ENROLMENT under ‘My Program and Enrolment’ section on the Home page of your Student Centre page.
- Click on 'Enrol in Enabling' tab.
- Click on the box next to Action field of the course you wish to enrol in. You may select more than one course. Please note the location of the course.
- Scroll down and provide any additional background information requested.
- Click FINSH ENROLLING.
- A message will be displayed to let you know your enrolment is successful.
- To view your enabling class timetable, click TIMETABLE (either on the home page of your student centre or the tab) and select Enabling.
Dr Kerry Rutter
Tel: +61 7 5456 5556