Fast track your career ambitions.
You can put management roles firmly in your sights with this program. It’s designed to expand your skills set to meet the increasing demands of doing business in today’s world. This program is skills-focused, offering practical work experience to build your management knowledge and problem-solving capabilities.
You will explore current business issues and learn the key functional areas of an organisation. The program covers loads of theory but concentrates on how that is used practically in a business. USC adds value to the program by giving you opportunities to network with business leaders and to experience the real challenges they face and how they manage them.
Choose what interests you most from courses in decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or infomatics. You can opt to study for the Graduate Certificate online. It is a 4 course program which enables you to upgrade your study to the Master of Business Administration later on.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent *
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
* Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have at least three years’ relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience may be admitted to the qualifying Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will qualify the candidate for entry into the Master of Business Administration for completion of the remaining courses.
Apply for management positions in government, business and across a diverse range of industries.
There will be three intakes a year: Semester 1, Semester 2 and Trimester 3.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your Recommended Study Sequence.
Elective courses (4)
Elective courses can be used to complete a specialisation in one of the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Health Sector Business Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- International Business (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Management (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Marketing (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Project Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Supply Chain Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
Select 4 courses from:
ACC701 Accounting for Managers
BUS702 Economics for Managers
BUS703 Managing Research
BUS704 Corporate Finance
BUS705 Innovation and Management Decision Making
BUS706 International Business Law and Ethics
BUS707 Managing Across Global Cultures
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
BUS710 Marketing in an International Environment
HSM701 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Health Sector Business Management
INF701 Management Informatics
MBA730 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Business and Management
MGT701 Managing Organisations
MGT702 Managing People
MGT703 Strategic Management
MGT704 Global Business Management
MGT711 Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning
MGT712 Corporate Governance, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
MGT723 Research Project
MGT730 Leveraging Innovation, Design and Creativity
MGT731 Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
MKG701 Marketing Management
MKG721 Food Marketing
PRM701 Project Management Principles
PRM710 Project Risk
PRM720 Project Planning
PRM721 Project Integration
* Please note that the program structure of the MBA and names of courses are subject to change.
Note: Not all specialisations and USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 48
Recommended study sequence
Students who commenced prior to the current semester must complete the courses from their original program structure unless otherwise advised. For courses no longer included in the current sequence, use the course links in your structure for details of requisites and scheduling. This is a recommended study sequence to complete your program within the specified full-time duration.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Specialisation areas are available as a part-time study option only
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to Planning your study page to manage your progression
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
International students should contact USC International
How to enrol
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester/session/trimester enrolment dates.
Step 1 - Enrol in our courses
Step 2 - Select your class times
How to enrol once Class selection has opened
Headstart, Cross-institutional and Visiting students
Plan your study
Confirm your enrolment
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester/session/trimester dates.
Enrolling is a 2 step process:
Note: If you enrol in a course but don't select a class time (step 2), you'll be charged the fee for the course at census date. You can swap, drop or add courses up until the end of week 2, and remove courses from your enrolment up until census date. View key dates in the academic calendars.
View the instructions to complete Step 1 in the video below or the Enrol in your courses PDF guide.
All students (excluding Headstart, Cross institutional and Visiting students)
Tip: Select your classes as soon as Class selection opens as classes can fill quickly.
* We will be in contact with you to let you know when the Timetable Planner is available and Class selection opens.
If class selection is open and you are yet to enrol in your courses, you can enrol in your courses and select your class times in one step.
Check the Academic Calendar for Class selection open date to confirm.
View the instructions in the video below or the How to enrol when class selection has opened PDF Guide (565KB).
Complete and submit a Class preference form to select your class times.
Domestic students: Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps for Getting Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
International students should view the Getting Started Guide for International students for enrolment steps.
Before you re-enrol it's important to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Follow the Planning your study instructions to plan your courses for the upcoming semesters/trimesters/sessions. You can vary your study load between full-time (3-4 courses) or part-time (1-2 courses) in each study period. If you need some assistance, contact Student Central.
View your class timetable in USC Central to confirm you are enrolled in the courses you selected. Close to the beginning of the semester/trimester/session, your course details can be found in My Courses in Blackboard.
To prove your enrolment to Centrelink, print an unofficial transcript from USC Central. Refer to the steps at View your Unofficial Transcript in the USC Central Guide.
Once you are enrolled, learn how to manage your enrolment.
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.