Business on the world stage.
This program will equip you with high level skills to manage a business in the complex, competitive and challenging world of international business. Knowing how to do business internationally is in high demand.
Learn strategic management, managing across global cultures, international trade and finance, and marketing in an international environment. Learn advanced research techniques which you can apply to an area of international business you are passionate about or use them to research international business issues and solve problems on the world stage.
As a graduate, you may be eligible for membership of the Australian Institute of Management. You may also apply for membership of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, the Academy of International Business, and the Australian and New Zealand International Business Academy.
As a graduate, you may be eligible for membership of the Australian Institute of Management. All students may also apply for membership of Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, the Academy of International Business, and the Australian and New Zealand International Business Academy.
Credit transfer and advanced standing
Students seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the Faculty subject to University policy.
Credit given for individual courses studied as part of another Master of International Business (or its equivalent) elsewhere will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Students will require either:
- a bachelor's degree in business or related field, or a degree with at least two thirds of completed courses in business or related field, from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent
- for students with an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than business, the USC Graduate Certificate in Management or equivalent approved program of study
- applicants from a non-English speaking background must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
25 August 2016
First USC students to compete at Snow Unigames
Three University of the Sunshine Coast business students from Switzerland will take their snow skills to Mt Buller next week to contest the winter sport version of the Unigames.
4 December 2014
USC study trip to Vietnam is good for business
Four local school principals and deputy principals studying an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) at USC were among a group of 19 postgraduate business students who recently travelled to Vietnam.
28 March 2014
Business students learn from zoo’s wild success
A group of 15 USC business students enjoyed a behind-the-scenes look at one of the region’s wildest success stories on a recent field trip to Australia Zoo.
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your Recommended Study Sequence.
Required Courses (6)
PLUS select 1 course from:
PLUS select 4 courses from:
BUS706 International Business Law and Ethics
BUS707 Managing Across Global Cultures
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
BUS710 Marketing in an International Environment
MGT703 Strategic Management
MGT704 Global Business Management
MGT723 Research Project
MGT726 Managerial Project
MGT737 Supply Chain Management
Elective courses (6)
Select any 6 postgraduate (700 level) courses from the School of Business.
Note: Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 144
Recommended study sequence
Students who commenced prior to the current semester must complete the courses from their original program structure unless otherwise advised. For courses no longer included in the current sequence, use the course links in your structure for details of requisites and scheduling. This is a recommended study sequence to complete your program within the specified full-time duration.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 144 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student visa
- When enrolling, please refer to the Plan your study tab
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
International students should contact USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester, session and/or trimester dates.