Whether it’s called an internship, practicum, placement, clinical placement, project, wider field experience, supervised professional experience, professional practice or work experience, most USC degrees have opportunities for Work integrated learning (WIL). WIL offers an opportunity to put theory into practice, develop personal and professional skills, establish job networks, and find out what it’s like to work in your area of study.
Students undertaking WIL have an opportunity to acquire and demonstrate knowledge and skills employers look for in graduates. Experience can be recorded on a resume, and can result in work that can be added to a professional portfolio.
Browse USC's study areas for WIL opportunities and requirements
Work integrated learning news
- 17 Nov 2016 USC exhibition to showcase elephant designs
- 16 Nov 2016 Former tiler tipped to scale property heights
- 11 Aug 2016 Ex swim champ becomes paediatric dietitian
- 9 Aug 2016 WA’s Shark Bay dolphin samples analysed at USC
- 26 Jul 2016 Students make world of difference in Vanuatu
- 31 May 2016 Student gets cameras rolling on sun bear project