QAS medical assessment
- What is the QAS Medical Assessment?
This is a medical assessment that will determine your ability to be able to complete the tasks required whilst on placement.
- Where can I have this Medical Assessment completed?
This needs to be done by Sonic Health Plus. These are listed on the QAS website. The clinic on the Sunshine Coast that provides these assessments is:
Maroochy Medical Centre
59 The Esplanade, Cotton Tree
Tel: +61 7 5443 1466
- What I need to do before I attend the appointment?
- Visit your GP and request evidence of meeting the requirements for the compulsory vaccinations and immunisations.
- Print out and complete the medical assessment form from the QAS Clinical Placement Information Page to take with you to the appointment.
- Take any relevant supporting documentation as is requested on the medical assessment form. This is usually information from a specialist that is needed as well as optometry reports if you wear glasses or contact lenses.
- What do I need to request at the end of the consultation?
Once the assessment has been completed, you need to request a copy of your ‘Fit Slip’. You will need to upload a copy of the completed 'fit slip' to your WILS Online * account.
* Access to WILS Online with USC username and password only
QAS Student Orientation Checklist
- What is the QAS Student Orientation Checklist?
This is a checklist of the mandatory requirements that students must successfully complete prior to placement with the QAS.
- What are the QAS Mandatory Requirements covered on the checklist?
- Where can I access the QAS Student Orientation Checklist?
- My electronic forms tab is blank?
The form has not yet been added to your account. If you have been advised that you need to complete a QAS Student Orientation Checklist but one doesn’t appear in your electronic forms tab on WILS online, please contact the Clinical Placements Office: email@example.com.
Paramedic Science Clinical Coordinator
Tel: +61 7 5459 4561